I have enough Christmas decorations to start may own shop, and I add to my collection every year despite Mr W’s protestations. Most of the house gets a little Christmas hit but the main action is in our living room, bedroom and summer house. This year I’m sticking with the same styles and colour schemes as last year but with a few new additions I’ve picked up when I’ve been out and about. Christmas decorating starts at the end of this month but I thought I’d share some of my plans and ideas on how you could achieve similar looks.
We only painted our bedroom navy blue at the end of last year and I didn’t have time to think too much about Christmas decorations so just added a few gold touches.
But with navy blue now being so popular in interiors there are lots of lovely dark blue Christmas decorations for me to indulge in.
A Midnight Blue Christmas
When Elvis wrote the song Blue Christmas I don’t think he was thinking about sequinned baubles and lush faux fur throws, but I am. And I’ve already snapped up a few of the items on this moodboard…..
Get The Look
- 3m faux pine garland, Wilko £2.50. Hanging decorations from left to right: Blue sequin bauble, Wilko £2. Gold glitter starburst, John Lewis £4. Shaker filled baubles, set of 4 Next £8. Glitter coral bauble, John Lewis £4. Gold sequin bauble, set of 4 Next £12. Blue teardrop, Wilko £2. Blue stars, set of 3 Next £6. Gold glitter star, pack of 8 Debenhams £5. Blue velvet bauble, Trouva £5.34
- Gold tealight, H&M £1.99. Blue LSA tealight, set of 4 John Lewis £20. Velvet stag, Next £12
- Antique gold cushions, set of 2 £39 Made. Peacock faux fur cushion, Next £16. Navy faux fur throw, John Lewis £120. Gold lattice lantern, Dunelm £24
- 7ft blue Christmas tree, £249 John Lewis. Gift box lights, Amazon £32
- Velvet blue stocking, Fern Living €59
- 12 piece dinner set, Next £12. 16 piece gold cutlery set, Next £38. Blue champagne flutes, set of 4 £20. Navy and gold crackers, pack of 12 Alliance Online £32
The Summer House
I should probably call this my garden room as we use it all year round. It’s the venue for all our parties, including New Years Eve, which is why it gets a Christmas makeover.
The Scandinavians do Christmas better than anyone else as far as I’m concerned. Lots of natural elements like wood and animal hides. Stars are integral, as are ‘Tomte’ (elves) which they believe protect your household.
A Nordic Winter Wonderland
Get The Look
- 3m faux pine garland, Wilko £2.50. Hanging decorations from left to right: Wooden snowflakes, pack of 6, Dunelm £2. Faux fur baubles, John Lewis £4. Acrylic reindeer, John Lewis £5. Large pine cone decorations, Wilko £1. Gold mirrored stars, Dunelm £3.50. Wooden stars, set of 3, Next £6. Small pine cone decorations, pack of 6 Hobbycraft £2
- 60cm LED paper hanging star, Wilko £5
- Lit tree scene, Very £9.99
- Faux fur throw, Aldi £29.99. Faux fur cushions, Aldi £8.99. Grey ‘Tomte’ elf £10 Mi Abode
- 7ft flocked tree, Wilko £100. Wicker tree skirt, Next £14. Pine cone tree topper, Dunelm £5
- Frosted foliage garland, Next £28
- Reindeer placemats, Nordic House £15. Mulled wine set, Habitat £40
- Pine cone door knob hanger, Dunelm £6. Glass hurricane lantern, Nordic House £19.95
The Living Room
Autumn is my favourite season in Cumbria and my living room reflects this. When it comes to Christmas decor I use lots of copper tones as this works really well with the autumnal colours.
A Very Copper Christmas
Get The Look
- 3m faux pine garland, Wilko £2.50. Hanging decorations from left to right: Copper wire geometric decorations, set of 3 Urbanara £12. Copper toned baubles, pack of 30 John Lewis £8. Wire star, John Lewis £4. Pine cone cluster, Wilko £2
- 7ft Canadian faux tree, Wilko £80. Copper tree skirt, Wayfair £21.99. Copper glitter tree topper, Amazon £6.99. Copper LED lights, Next £8. Copper tree decorations, Not On The HighStreet £3.50
- Wild fig and cedar candle, Debenhams £15. Hurricane lantern, The Range £15
- Velvet throw, Christy £30. Copper cushion, Wayfair £24.99
- Set of 2 gin glasses, Next £16. Copper stag tumbler, Next £33
- Copper bauble door wreath, John Lewis £35
- Copper touch light, Wayfair £37.99
So how will you be decorating for Christmas this year?